Location: Malta, Europe
About the Hiring Company:
We are an online lead generation company that creates quality leads in iGaming, financial services, health and communications. We build high-end websites with quality content that empowers customers to make an informed decision about the product they’re about to buy or sign-up for. We pride ourselves on adopting a customer-focused approach to quality and usability.
We are looking to hire a motivated Lawyer to support our in-house legal function, to oversee and coordinate compliance requests as well as workshops within our portfolio and stakeholders of different departments
- Preparing, administering and monitoring legal documents e.g. cooperation agreements, profit-sharing agreements, service agreements, operator agreements and employment agreements;
- Handling or supporting overseas license processes with local law firms;
- Leading the general internal corporate and compliance needs of the Company;
- Creating and administering compliance policies, documents and guidelines;
- Conducting periodic reviews of portfolio of domains and other assets to ensure compliance requirements are met;
- Reviewing, managing and processing documentation and handling internal and external due diligence requirements;
- Coordinating and liaising with internal and external counter-parties;
- Assisting on specific projects as may be required on an ongoing basis.
The Successul Candidate:
- Experience in working in law firms and/or as inhouse lawyer for medium-sized or large corporates or regulated entities;
- Familiarity with or some experience in the iGaming industry and basic understanding of the regulatory requirements in such spaces is considered a plus;
- Have experience liaising with relevant competent authorities such as the MBR, MFSA and the MGA;
- Have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, proficiency in PowerPoint and other standard word processing applications;
- A strong command of both spoken and written business-English and at least one other language. ability to communicate in German will be considered favourably, but is not a mandatory requirement;
EU recognised (MQF Level 6 and above) qualifications in law and/or compliance related areas, although not a mandatory requirement;
- An LLM from a European University OR dual qualification credentials OR a warrant to practice in Malta are ideal, but none are mandatory;
- A collaborative, transparent working style, and be generally able to follow instructions carefully, work independently and without frequent supervision.
If the position has caught your attention and you wish to apply, please upload your CV along with your contact info. If you want to know more about the position.
SmartRecruitment.com is our responsible recruitment partner for this position, they are a consultancy firm within recruitment/head-hunting. SmartRecruitment.com support their clients in recruiting iGaming & Crypto experts globally.