Location: Remote - Brazil or available to EST Time zone
About the Hiring Company:
Our company was born as a result of a handful of entrepreneurs who not only had a knack for entertaining others but, also an affinity with the iGaming industry. They teamed up and built a new product, setting the bar to an all-new high. Now in just two years, we have created a new category in iGaming by combining social and real-money gaming!
Naturally, we can't do all of this as well as all the exciting things we have lined up for the years to follow without the living legends that make our business the success it is today.
A great opportunity for an iGaming experienced Engineering Director to join an exciting, growing group of passionate Internet professionals based all around the world.
As an Engineering Director you must be technically strong, but your responsibility is to run an effective team and develop the colleagues you manage. You are expected to help them grow as engineers, do important work, do it outstandingly well, find professional and personal satisfaction, and work well with colleagues and community. Technical leadership experience and a background in software engineering are necessary prerequisites for this role. You will be expected to lead, challenge, and develop strong engineers, positively influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery, and work with your team on strategy and execution.
- Build and lead a globally distributed team of engineers
- Coach, mentor, and provide hands-on examples to shape career development
- Demonstrate sound engineering principles
- Help determine the product roadmap through insights, estimation and execution
- Set and manage expectations with other teams, management, and stakeholders
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices
- Develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
- Work from home with global travel twice a year for company events up to two weeks long
The Successful Candidate:
- Experience leading a distributed team to deliver features
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Developing and growing people
- 8+ of experience as a SW Engineer using (AWS, React, Redux and Node.JS)
- Experience in graphics or gaming technologies.
- A gamer, with first hand experiences of the challenges users face on Linux.
- Understanding of the current Linux gaming technology landscape
- Experience in building and managing globally distributed teams
If the position has caught your attention and you wish to apply, please upload your CV along with your contact info. If you want to know more about the position.
SmartRecruitment.com is our responsible recruitment partner for this position, they are a consultancy firm within recruitment/head-hunting. SmartRecruitment.com support their clients in recruiting iGaming & Crypto experts globally.