Location: Crakow, Poland or Remote
We are looking for a Product Manager - Game Framework UX who will use a combination of outstanding analytical skills, creative design thinking principles, business judgment, and strategic planning to innovate and build world-class slot game experiences. In this role, the Product Manager will have the creative freedom and the responsibility to provide experience, direction, and performance, resulting in shaping a superior road map of slot games for his or her team’s game framework UX series.
As a Product Manager GFUX, you will be a vision holder for your team, collaborating with studio production, franchise development, product marketing, influencers, to build slot game concepts, prototypes and to support launching of slot games, all in continuous alignment with a vision and strategic roadmap. You will be responsible for driving a better experience through disciplined analytics and experimentation.
This role will also involve promotion of best practices within the Company, keeping abreast of the current features and analyses being developed, and support of a Project Management culture and development.
The successful Product Manager in game framework UX will bring its games to the forefront of the industry: building unforgettable experiences and delighting its users through slot games. Equipped with research and data, the successful candidate will have the freedom to provide experience and direction to the game concept design process, then building high performing slot games for the real-money players.
What you will actually do
- Lead a team of three specialists: Senior Mathematician, UX Developer, Math Prototype developer, whose aim will be to drive the creative innovations and road map development of game framework UX games,
- Create new game concepts, invent innovative and successful game mechanics and game concepts,
- Identify player needs and spot trends and opportunities to build games with features that improve engagement and retention, grow the user base of the game framework UX and engage its players,
- Advise higher management team on long term decision making and roadmap planning,
- Produce reports on a weekly and monthly basis, and
- Review game performance statistics and conducted field research on competitor products.
In this role, you will –
- Own – Articulating vision, strategy, KPIs, road map and games on the game framework UX.
- Collaborate – With team members, stakeholders such as studio, product marketing, influencers and test group, to ensure continuous alignment on the vision and the roadmap of the product.
- Execute – Become a business owner for the results of game framework UX. Use KPIs and conduct overlapping, multivariate experiments, to better understand behaviour patterns/trends, and iterate to enhance the games success.
You possess a genuine interest in creating exciting slot games with superior player experience, either from previous work experience or from being a real money player. You love to play math prototypes and envision what is making the core a success (and not) and what is key to bring forward in the UX to make it a success.
You have a drive and a strong sense of ownership, to follow through on all tasks as required. You are communicative and team oriented with the necessary social skills to manage a team.
You organise ‘design thinking’ processes in a way in which everyone can be creative. You have the ability to separate good game ideas from the great ones!
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Product Manager will deliver the vision and strategy, execute concepts, monitor development, progression and collaborate with stakeholders. He or she will understand industry trends and player appetite and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment. Through strong customer empathy, the Product Manager will be responsible to develop deep insights into industry trends and player requirements and how the roadmap addresses those insights.
The Product Manager will be able to-
- drive and follow-up on prototyping with the team and stakeholders;
- communicate the game concept objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members, and stakeholders, so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game concepts;
- actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game product team meets expectations;
- supervise and be responsible for providing clear and structured game concept documents to ensure that the mechanical frameworks and its gameplay intentions are understood and that team members are working on the right elements (mechanical permutations, features, math models, user experience, etc.);
- drive the product strategy that ensures effective alignment with the Company’s product strategy;
- lead and develop product roadmaps for the team’s products; and
- keep abreast of latest developments within the industry.
- carry out performance follow ups and assessments;
- participate in the selection of team members;
- carry out other line managerial duties such as determine the work schedules and vacation times of team members;
- manage any conflicts that arise within the team;
- create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creativity; and
- support career advancement and suggest development and interpersonal skills training and technique sessions for team members.
The Product Manager should possess the following –
- Ability to draw product concept specifications;
- Experience with driving prototype development;
- History on Game Production and/or Game Designing;
- Participated in designing mechanical models for at least 3 successful slot games;
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a Product Manager in B2b iGaming; and
- Minimum of 1 year work experience as a Game Designer.
The Product Manager should also possess the following –
- ability to lead, motivate, and develop a team.
- strong communication and project management skills.
- ability to collaborate with and inspire cross discipline teams to achieve goals.
- strong analytical skills and ability to leverage research and data, paired with great problem-solving skills, and to make informed decisions.
- great written/oral organisational skills and attention to detail.
- ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry trends.
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritise work to meet specific deadlines required and to present work to executive team.
- strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- a good knowledge of analysing BI-data.
- be a self-starter, a team player and goal driven.
- a passion for slots and creating compelling user experiences.
- ability to provide clear direction, set measurable goals and give insight on industry and competitor trends.
If the position has caught your attention and you wish to apply, please upload your CV along with your contact info. If you want to know more about the position.
SmartRecruitment.com is our responsible recruitment partner for this position, they are a consultancy firm within recruitment/head-hunting. SmartRecruitment.com support their clients in recruiting iGaming and casino experts. SmartRecruitment.com have local teams in both Europe (Barcelona, Malta and Stockholm) and Asia (Delhi, Manila and Taichung/Taipei)