Location: Malta, Poland or Remote
About the Hiring Company (B2B):
We are looking for a Game Designer Senior Mathematician to join our team in Malta or in Poland.
You will be defining the next generation of gaming by blending your industry experience with innovative mathematical logic and creativity applied to our expanding mechanics and its permutations.
We have rapidly been getting traction for our mechanics and we are constantly evolving. A huge achievement for our small team but we’re on a mission to continuously keep creating industry leading games for the slots players and that’s where you come in. Do you want to be part of changing the game industry, working on designing the math and mechanics of incredible games?
Why we need you
We are seeking a passionate, creative, adaptive, and pioneering Game Designer Senior Mathematician that is ready to use their creativity and industry leading skills to define the next generation of gaming. You will help build engaging entertainment that will appeal and showcase original experiences to enthrals a wide player audience. Constructively communicating and leveraging a motivated cross disciplined team, participating and growing in a collaborative environment, and helping to impact the industry with innovative solutions. As an important part of our studio game teams you will be creating mathematical models for our global online games. You will work on the design and development of cutting edge slot games. You will work with a team of developers and artists producing and close co-operation will be required within the teams.
- Innovation – Thinking of new games and permutations to entertain our players
- Partnering – Working with all our creative colleagues in software development and art to create leading games
- Math – Conceptualizing game designs and creating mathematical models that align with defined constraints and exhibit predetermined behavioral characteristics
- Demonstrating leadership in designing all aspects of a math design including implementation and gameplay
- Where necessary, simulations of specific game features are created to supplement the theoretical calculation
- Test mathematical outcomes to assure quality and that accurate calculations are achieved (through excel and programming)
- Review games as they are implemented to ensure that they reflect the correct math model, and make adjustments as needed during development to create world class math models
- Analyse performance data from the marketplace to help identify future game mechanics and industry trends
- Analyse games performance post launch and provide insights about customers behaviour
The Successful Applicant:
- Slot machine game mathematical design, primarily focused on slots and has led and executed the design of previous successful games in the market
- Has designed, or been involved in the design, of 20+ games with a wide variety of machine types and math models
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of developing successful game concepts. Previously delivered top performing slot games for land based or online companies
- An advanced user of MS Excel, comfortable creating and adapting large and complex spreadsheets
- Worked with programming teams to create or adapt simulation programs in a variety of languages –java, C, C++ etc
- Has strong expertise in Combinatorics, Probability Theory and Statistics
- Has knowledge of object-oriented program design
- Has a long-standing passion for playing games of multiple genres, and passion in slots and casino games
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Working with modern technologies in a tech focused company
- Fulfilling work with room for personal growth and advancement
- Competitive salary
- Currently 100% working from home
- Choose your own equipment
If the position has caught your attention and you wish to apply, please upload your CV along with your contact info. If you want to know more about the position.
SmartRecruitment.com is our responsible recruitment partner for this position, they are a consultancy firm within recruitment/head-hunting. SmartRecruitment.com support their clients in recruiting iGaming and casino experts. SmartRecruitment.com have local teams in both Europe (Barcelona, Malta and Stockholm) and Asia (Manila and Taichung/Taipei)